On the Job Training (OJT)
OJT is a federally funded program that helps employers hire and train individuals for long-term employment in demand occupations. For trainees, the OJT program places participants in occupations that will enhance their prospects for long-term employment. For employers, benefits include:
- No cost for OJT services.
- Up to 90% reimbursement of trainees’ hourly wages.
- Employer makes all the hiring decisions.
- Saves recruiting, screening and training costs.
- Tailors all training to the employer’s needs.
- Length of training can be up to 6 months.
- Increase in cash flow and profits.